Immunization and Other Requirements
Immunization Law Changes, Effective July of 2019
To protect the health of all students and staff and to curtail the spread of infectious diseases, California public schools are required to check immunization records for all student admissions to Grades TK-12 and all students advancing to Grade 7 before entry. A student who is out of compliance with California immunization law cannot attend public school, nor will we hold an enrollment spot open for any student not meeting California's immunization requirements.
Student will be admitted unconditionally if parent/guardian has provided:
- proof of all required immunizations for student's age or grade (as determined by the California Immunization Requirements for Grades TK-12)
- a personal beliefs exemption (filed prior to 2016). PBE will remain valid until student enters 7th grade.
- a permanent medical exemption (PME), signed by a California licensed M.D./D.O. only, which indicates:
- the physical condition/medical circumstance of the child is such that the required immunization(s) is not indicated
- the vaccine to be exempted, and
- the medical exemption is permanent
Conditional AdmissionStudent will be admitted conditionally if he/she has:
- started receiving doses of all vaccines required for his/her grade, and is not currently due (or overdue) for any doses at the time of admission (as determined by intervals listed in Conditional Admission Schedule).
- a temporary medical exemption (TME) for some or all required immunizations. The TME must be issued for a period of no more than 12 months. A valid TME requires:
- a written statement by a California licensed physician which states the temporary physical condition/medical circumstance of the child is such that the required immunization(s) is not indicated
- the date when the temporary medical exemption will expire, and
- the vaccine(s) to be exempted.
- Parent/guardian must continue to follow up to ensure that all requirements are met and provide an updated shot record to the student's school.