Annual Intent for Current Students (2020-21)
- On January 17, 2020, login to family's SchoolMint account and go to the Student Dashboard - SchoolMint Login
- Indicate "Returning" or "Not Returning" before 11:00 pm on January 31, 2020.
- Schoolmint will send a confirmation email/text to confirm receipt of your student's intent.
Must indicate "Returning" or "Not Returning" to Western Sierra Grade 7 or 9 in SchoolMint. Continuing students are guaranteed enrollment at Western Sierra as long as the student's intent is made by the January 31, 2020 deadline.
STUDENT MISSES THE ANNUAL INTENT DEADLINE? - Student is NOT guaranteed enrollment at Western Sierra; student must submit a NEW application for Western Sierra and will be treated as a new applicant. If application is submitted before February 29, 2020, applicant will be part of the lottery. If application is submitted after the deadline, applicant will be placed on the school's waiting list.
- To confirm enrollment at Western Sierra, students who have indicated "Returning" to Western Sierra by the Annual Intent deadline of January 31, 2020 will need to:
- Complete a Student Records Request. In August 2020, the completed request form will be sent to student's current school to release cumulative records to Western Sierra.
- Provide a Current Immunization Record. California schools are required to check immunization records for all new TK-12 admisions and all students advancing to 7th grade before entry (applies also to transfer students). Record must include student's name and show all required immunizations for student's age and grade.
- Students Entering Grade 7 - Proof of Tdap Booster and Varicella #2 is required.
- Students Entering Grades 8-12 - At least one dose of pertussis-containing vaccine after the 7th birthday is required.
- Complete a New Emergency Card (available in July 2020)
- Register for Classes - Western Sierra will provide all documents regarding class registration. Student will receive his/her class schedule at Fall Orientation as long as all enrollment requirements have been met/any outstanding fees have been paid.
Email will be sent to continuing families around March 20th with required documents and instructions.
Once enrollment documents #1, #2 and #4 are provided to/reviewed by Western Sierra, the continuing student will be officially enrolled at Western Sierra and any sibling(s) on the Western Sierra waiting list will be prioritized (moved up the waiting list). Placement of siblings is not guaranteed, as enrollment is on a space-available basis.