Title IX / Gender Equity
The following is information regarding your rights and responsibilities
regarding filing a Title IX Complaint.
Title IX Coordinator Contact Information
(c) You have the right to apply for athletic scholarships.
(d) You have the right to receive equitable treatment and benefits in the provision of all of the following:
- Equipment and supplies.
- Scheduling of games and practices.
- Transportation and daily allowances.
- Access to tutoring.
- Locker rooms.
- Practice and competitive facilities.
- Medical and training facilities and services.
(e) You have the right to have access to our Title IX Coordinator regarding gender equity laws. Please see above for this Coordinator’s contact information.
(f) You have the right to file a confidential discrimination complaint with the United States Office for Civil Rights or California Department of Education if you believe you have been discriminated against or if you believe you have received unequal treatment on the basis of your sex. See below for more information regarding how to file a complaint.
(g) You have the right to pursue civil remedies if you have been discriminated against.
(h) You have the right to be protected against retaliation if you file a discrimination complaint.
(i) You can find out more information regarding your rights, RAFOS responsibilities, and access information on gender equity laws from the following resources:
- California Interscholastic Federation: http://www.cifstate.org/governance/equity/index
- California Department of Education, Office for Equal Opportunity: http://www.cde.ca.gov/re/di/eo/dutytoprotect.asp
- United States Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/frontpage/pro-students/sex-pr.html
- The United States Office for Civil Rights website: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/howto.html?src=rt.
- California Department of Education website: http://www.cde.ca.gov/re/di/eo/complaint.asp
- RAFOS Uniform Complaint Procedures (“UCP”) or Title IX/Harassment/Intimidation/Discrimination/Bullying Policy. Please see the main office for a complete copy of these policies.
(b) A complaint regarding discrimination or harassment based on sex must ordinarily be filed with the U.S. Office for Civil Rights within 180 days of the last act of discrimination. If your complaint involves matters that occurred longer than this and you are requesting a waiver, you will be asked to show good cause why you did not file your complaint within the 180-day period. If you have questions about your situation, you can contact the California branch of the Office for Civil Rights at the address listed below. A complaint filed with RAFOS under our UCP alleging unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying must be initiated no later than six (6) months from the date when the alleged unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying occurred, or six (6) months from the date when the complainant first obtained knowledge of the facts of the alleged unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying.
(c) The U.S. Office for Civil Rights has its own policies and procedures for investigating complaints. Please review the above link for more information about this process. A complaint filed with SCHOOL ABBREVIATION under our UCP or Title IX/ Harassment/ Intimidation/ Discrimination/ Bullying policy will be investigated in compliance with those policies.
(d) There are a variety of ways to file your complaint. You can use the U.S. Office for Civil Rights electronic complaint form filed directly through their website; or mail, email, or send by facsimile your own letter or a completed copy of the Office for Civil Rights Discrimination Complaint Form.
- The electronic complaint form is available at https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/complaintintro.html
- You can send a completed version of this form or your own letter via email, facsimile, or regular mail to the following addresses:
San Francisco Office
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education
50 United Nations Plaza
Mail Box 1200, Room 1545
San Francisco, CA 94102
To file a UCP or complaint under our Title IX/ Harassment/ Intimidation/ Discrimination/ Bullying complaint directly with RAFOS, please follow procedures set forth in those policies.